The exhibition “Pride of Poland” will be on display at the American Polish Cultural Center (2975 E. Maple Road, Troy, MI 48083) on Saturday, February 11, 2017 (during the annual Polish Folk Dance Festival).
The exhibit, created by the Grand Rapids Polish Heritage Society, celebrates Poland’s historical, scientific, military, cultural and sports contributions to America and the world, including:
- winged warriors who routed the Turkish invaders at Vienna
- the first woman to win a Nobel Prize and the only person to win the prize twice, in two different sciences
- fliers and aircrews that defended England in the Battle of Britain
- the brilliant mathematicians who broke the Nazi Enigma system
- famous Polish American sports and entertainment figures
Learn much more about Poland, its history and its influence by visiting the “Pride of Poland” Exhibit in the east hallway of the American Polish Cultural Center.